Monday 22 August 2011

EpCoP MOOC


I’ve been browsing around the Ning, the Googlesite, reading, absorbing, following the links......... The EpCoP MOOC is a very powerful learning experience and it’s annoying when I don’t have enough time each day to actively participate as I would’ve liked because of work commitments. However, I’m enjoying OhLife – thanks to Coach Carole. I’m also revisiting so many Web 2.0 tools of which I had become a member of while doing the Reflect and Connect Course, and I’ve also explored some new ones – like Tagxedo and Google Sites and Google Docs.


Week 1 - I enjoyed telling my story when Junita presented a webinar on Blogger - challenge-mentors-webinar-schedule and I learnt about Tildee  the on line tutorial creator.  I also gained a lot of insight on reading Digital portfolios guidelines for beginners NZ.pdf.
Week 2 – Spent in reading and viewing videos to determine the purpose of e-portfolios. What makes a good e-Portfolio – Ray Tolley’s criteria is very succinct. I also created some word clouds with Tagxedo and tried to build on my understanding of Livebinders.
Penny's Boo Post, resonates with similar reflections to mine about the purpose of my e-portfolio. It keeps my learning and teaching history organised – all my courses that I’ve done so far and my employment history! It also will be used for Recognition for Prior Learning and for evidence of Professional Development.
Week 3 - When I had a closer look at some of the e-portfolios, I found Coach Carole's e-portfolio most easy to navigate. So I will think about Google Sites for my e-P, but for now I like my Mahara! I missed participating in CC’s webinar, but the recording was great! It has made me appreciate the many uses of an e-portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment