Friday 24 June 2011

What a week!

We had a fantastic start this week at Glenroy Neigbourhood Learning Centre. My ESL classes completed all the assessments for this Semester (excepting a couple who were absent). Refugee Week was celebrated on 22 June. We had great speeches - heart rending! Thank you to Glenroy Neighbourhood Learning Centre and our manager Neil Klemm for a generous Morning Tea.

Then our class went on an excursion -  Melbourne Aquarium - I had 23 Ss, 2 kids and 2 volunteer tutors - wow - we had a fantastic time!

 And tonight we celebrated The National Volunteer Week 2011 (belated as it was in May) - Kudos to our tutors. They are an inspiration! I was very disappointed as I could not be there personally to congratulate them (damn my vertigo - why did it happen today of all days), but I was there in spirit.

 Photos of the Excursion and Refugee Week 














No comments:

Post a Comment